Updated: Apr 14
As a parent, helping your high schooler navigate the college admissions process can be stressful and overwhelming. However, with the right mindset and support, it can also be an exciting time of growth and exploration for your child. That’s why Sapneil Tutoring recommends working with one of our many IECA/ NACAC certified experts in personalized college counseling services. In the meantime, here are some tips to help make the college process smoother for you and your high schooler:
1. Keep the college process PRESENT, plan for the future but think about the steps needed today. While getting into college is important, it's just one part of your student’s life. Reinforce to your teenager that success can be achieved no matter which college they attend.
2. Communication is key, help find out more about interests and give practical direction.
3. Foster health and wellness. Nutrition, stress management, exercise, good sleep and lifestyle habits are very important.
4. Lower the stress. Relax and help your student relax. Students already have enough anxiety about the college admissions process.
5. Set Realistic Goals: If your student’s grades and/or standardized test scores are not competitive for a highly selective college, consider revising your plan. Sapneil Tutoring can help match a counselor that specializes in this area.
6. Support, encouragement and praise!
7. Teach everyday life skills: Cooking, cleaning, driving, time management, relaxing and socializing.
8. Get out of the comfort zone: try something new for a change, and learn a new skill.
9. Ask for help when needed, it can be a great source of information, reach out to Sapneil Tutoring Pro today!
10. Get up early, and stay focused on the end goals.
11. Have fun, enjoy the process and it “takes a village” to be successful.
12. Do good by your goals, and reward yourself, self-affirmation is important to improve self-confidence.
If you need personalized assistance with SAT prep, ACT prep, GRE/ GMAT or college
counseling/advising, contact Sapneil Tutoring today to get connected with an
Find out more information about college admissions, our programs, or on our student exclusive scholarship program by visiting our website:
Give us a call or send us an email anytime!
Sign up for our upcoming parent webinar:
Miami, Coral Gables, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Springs, Pinecrest